Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My First Attempt....

I love books! I've always loved books ever since I was old enough to go to the library alone some 40 years ago. I love the smell of library books. I love the smell of a book store with the aroma of coffee in the background. I love to feel a book both new and old....turn the pages to see what I'm missing at that very moment. I love bookmarks.....holding my place in time till I can return to that world again. I wanted my child to read books....unfortunately that only lasted till his high school days...but that's okay, because he got a good start.....from the moment he entered his life, he heard the sing-song sounds of Dr. Suess. I love to peek at the cover of what people are reading in a restaurant, at the beach, anywhere. I only wish I had more time to read. I own alot of books...I've read alot of books.....and I'll read just about any book suggested or found. Now, I guess I want to share with whomever will read this blog, my particularly take on a book, from romance to comedy, fiction to non-fiction, intense to simple....and hopefully you will share something with me. So with that said....lets's get started. You can be one "bookend" and I'll be the other......we'll hold up all the books in the universe for the bindings to be seen by anyone who wants to read and enjoy....welcome to my world of books!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm here. Bloglined ya! Can't wait to get reading!

Charlene Martel said...

Hi there.

I wanted to say thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am delighted you did so. It's great to meet you and I will be reading your blog often.
I wish you all the best on this endeavour.

From one book lover to another
Charlene

Robin said...

I like your idea of "bookends." And this post was fun to read because I kept saying "me, too!" I hope you find this book blogging world to be as warm and welcoming as I did 6 months ago!

stitcherw said...

Nice intro to your new blog, have fun with it.
Sue

Melissa said...

It kills me when my kids say they are bored. I raised them to love books and none of them enjoying reading. I can't figure out what I did wrong. I get piles of books from the library every week.

Hey glad to see I'm not the only one that wants to see what other people are reading. I'm awful staring at people's books on the beach and what they are buying in the bookstore. I'm shameless!

Josette said...

Hi Lucy, nice start for book blog. I'm looking forward to reading some good book reviews from you. I love to read, too. I also love visiting bookstores (my favourite is Borders!) and I wished that I could buy almost all of the books there!

Yup, it's a wonderful idea to start a book blog. That way, book-lovers from all over the world can get to know more new books that they just have to read one day!

Keep reading!